10 Jobs Roles an Analyst can take up!
Content Strategist- Ivy Pro School Dec 19, 2017 No Comments
Since the beginning of the 21st century, India has witnessed various kind of changes in market and technical strategies that has left corporates and firms with the need to adopt various statistical measures in devising strategies.
Given the highly diverse fields which Indian firms cater, having a single analytical role doesn’t do justice. Based on the various scenarios, a business firm/corporate has to deal with, the job roles are classified into specific and generic roles.
Various roles that an analytical aspirant can take up: –
- Business Analyst: – A Business Analyst is a person who analyses various business domains and provides insight about the way changes are to be made in a business. The major area one deals with is strategic planning, Business model analysis and process design.
Companies that hire: – JP Morgan, EY, HCL, Mckinsey, etc.
- System Analyst: – An IT professional with analytical skills. The major area that a system analyst has to specialize is analysing, designing and implementing information systems.
Companies that hire: -Accenture, Cognizant, Convergys, etc.
- Business Process Analyst: – A maturing role in the field of analytics, Business Process Analyst is role specific post, generally associated with Business Process Management and business process modelling.
Companies that hire:- JP Morgan, HP, Oracle, etc
- Data Scientist: – A person who knows how to make profit from data. Expected to bring out questions that can help a business grow, scarcity of Data scientist has let to its huge demand. The data scientist role also calls for strong data visualization skills and the ability to convert data into a business story.
Companies that hire: – Almost all big corporates.
- Data Analyst: – A person who knows how to inspect, clean, transform, and model data. A data analyst generally pursues a solution based on a given business questions. A data analyst is normally not expected to transform data and analysis into a business scenario and roadmap.
Companies that hire: – Intel, Visa, Boeing, etc
- IT Business Analyst: – A professional who is generally associated with analysis and solving problems using information technology solutions. This role is the bridge between business & IT.
Companies that hire: – Microsoft, Honeywell, Bank of America.
- Financial Analyst: – A professional who performs financial analysis for external and internal financial clients. Also sometimes referred to as research analyst, equity analyst.
Companies that hire: – Deloitte, Amazon, Dell, etc.
- Machine Learning Engineer: – Machine Learning Engineers are professionals who can build and analyse models which enables machines to take decision.
Companies that hire: – Qualcomm, IIT Gandhinagar, etc.
- MIS Analyst: – Responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of Business intelligence reports, a MIS analyst must be good at excel.
Companies that hire: – Allianz, GlobalData, JP Morgan, Hinduja, etc.
- SAS Analyst: – The role of a SAS Analyst involves SAS coding, collection and analysis of data, finding patterns, forecasting, predicting future trends, etc.
Companies that hire: – JP Morgan, TCS, Accenture, etc.
About Ivy Professional School:
Ivy Pro School is a leading institute for big data analytics courses in Pune, Bangalore, New Delhi, and Kolkata. Students in these locations can take live classes while the others can take the online live classes. Ranked among the top 5 in India for the last 3 years, Ivy offers data analyst training and placement with focus on machine learning, data visualisation, Business analytics, big data training and Hadoop classes among others.