Technologies and Applications Inspired by Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
Content Strategist- Ivy Pro School Nov 17, 2017 No Comments
Few technologies we think about are a reality now. The advancement in Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence has led to the development of some pretty cool stuffs that can’t be ignored. Hollywood has been inspiring the generation with its sci-fi movies. From James Bond to Iron Man, technologies shown are inspired from Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, giving an idea what these two terms are capable of.
Over the course of time big companies have invested billions researching and developing new technologies and products which will change the way things work. Products like voice controlled computers, smart cars, virtual assistant, robotics kitchen are few to name which have been developed using machine learning.
- Virtual Simulation Learning: – Virtual Simulation learning is applied to train personals or test a new software on any sophisticated machinery in some particular technology or machine using the concept of virtual reality and machine learning. Most of the avionic and shipbuilding companies prefer virtual simulation as it not only reduces cost but also trains personals on how to deal difficult situation.
- Speech Recognition: – One of the most fascinating technology developed is the ability of a computer to recognise voices of different people. Using Machine Learning, the speech recognition can be used to differentiate voices and can make the machine do a work based on a particular voice.
- Biometrics: – Every person has a different set of fingerprints, hand geometry, iris, retinal, voice, etc. Using this concept, machine learning developers have created tools which use biometric data to distinctly categorise a person. Principal component analysis (PCA) and independent component analysis (ICA) are two of the many tools that can be applied for biometric recognition.
- Text Analysis and text mining: – Text may seem useless unless its unstructured format is converted into valuable data. Text mining, also referred to as text data mining, roughly equivalent to text analytics, is the process of deriving high-quality information from text. High-quality information is typically derived through the devising of patterns and trends through means such as statistical pattern learning.
- Virtual Assistants: – Anyone using a smartphone would be familiar with the term virtual assistant. Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana, etc. are a few to name. These assistants utilize the concepts of machine learning to provide a better service to the user using it.
- Image and Video Analysis: – Images and Videos are a great source of information. From security to medical science, video and image analysis have been playing a very crucial role for humans. The basic example for it is the face detection in a video. Different analytics models play an important role in analysis of images.
- UAV’s:- The unmanned aerial vehicle are one of the most advanced military vehicles used on the planet. Made using the best use of machine learning and deep learning, these vehicles can perform tasks with cent percent accuracy. From surveillance to security, these are one of the best machines ever made.
- Artificial Intelligence enabled Robots: – The Iron Man series has given us a glimpse of what AI enabled robots can be like. No wonder that robots have the capability to do things which are beyond human capability. AZIMO, which is considered one of the most advanced humanoid robots, is a brilliant example of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Robotics Kitchen: – One of the most commercially awaited product which is a blend of Machine Learning and Human way of working is the robotics kitchen. This machine needs a dish to be cooked once, which is analysed and recorded. Anytime that dish is required, the robotics kitchen cooks it for you with same level of perception.
- Smart Cars: – One of the most talked about products in automobile industry is the smart cars. Using Machine learning and analytics, smart cars can pave way for hassle free and safe driving. Analysing the traffic, terrain and security guidance, these cars have the ability to provide a comfortable journey to the passengers. Vehicular automation, Autonomous driving are few terms that make a car smart. Not only automobile players but even IT players like google have invested in smart car technology.
These are just 10 technologies which have paved their way because of machine learning and artificial Intelligence. Its scope is enormous and its output is revolutionising.
About Ivy Professional School:
Ivy Pro School is a leading institute for big data analytics courses in Pune, Bangalore, New Delhi, and Kolkata. Students in these locations can take live classes while the others can take the online live classes. Ranked among the top 5 in India for the last 4 years, Ivy offers data analyst training and placement with focus on machine learning, data visualisation, Business analytics, big data training and Hadoop classes among others.